>

Thursday, September 29, 2005

How I could get more laughs from my audience using NLP?

Hello Friends!

I have just found this interesting article, and because very soon we will open the Humorous Speech contest, I thought you might be interested to use these tips...

***
Last week we explored the idea that you have to get someone to imagine doing something before they’ll do it. One of the things I’ve been imagining myself doing this week is my standup comedy routine. After training ‘The Secrets of Hypnosis’ on Saturday and Sunday, I’m zooming into Leicester to compete in the BBC’s new talent competition (sorry, it’s already sold out). I’ll let you know how I get on.

When I first started doing standup comedy (on a workshop with 10 other people), I had an experience which relates to NLP and hypnosis. We were ‘learning by doing’, so within ten minutes of starting the course I was on stage telling a story. After coming off stage, I was reflecting on how I could get more laughs from my audience next time, when I suddenly realised I’d missed the most basic trick in the book: I hadn’t set a goal. Right away, I imagined myself standing on the stage with the audience laughing uproariously. Next time I was on my way to the stage, I imagined it again. The response was overwhelming: I got way more laughs the second time, just by seeing the audience responding as I wanted in my mind’s eye.

Before you start using hypnotic language with others, it is important to get a clear goal in mind. What responses do you want to elicit from the other person? How will you know when you’ve got those responses? If your goal is to get the person to go into a trance, how will they look when they’re in that trance? Make a clear mental image of the person (or people) you are working with, having the responses you desire.

Your nervous system is goal-seeking. When you set a clear mental goal, you get your entire nervous system working for you to achieve that goal. If you want someone to go into a trance, make a clear mental image of them in that state. If you want them to have a sudden transformational shift, make a mental image of them having one, then hold it in mind. If you want someone to laugh, start by picturing them doing so (to really super-charge the process, hear what you’ll hear and feel what you’ll feel as well).

Speaking to you as a conversational hypnotist, your unconscious mind is your most powerful ally. Creating a clear goal in pictorial form, then adding in sounds and feelings as necessary is one of the most powerful ways to get your unconscious mind working for you.

Pictures are one of the most powerful ways of communicating with your unconscious mind, so if you create a mental image of your goal, in positive terms, it creates a clear message to your unconscious.
***

This week’s tip is taken from our free ebook, ‘The Top 10 Secrets of Conversational Hypnosis’. To get your copy of the ebook, as well as a language pattern each week for a whole year, and a free 7-minute audio of me demonstrating hypnotic language, sign up for our free hypnotic language e-course at no charge. You can sign up here:
http://www.saladltd.co.uk/hypnosis_course_free_signup.htm

For more of Jamie Smart’s nlp tips, please go to http://www.saladltd.co.uk/
©2005 jamie smart all rights reserved

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home