>

Monday, January 16, 2006

What is Happiness?

Fellow Toastmasters,

First of all I would like to thank you for all the support and encouragement which helped me in my journey for achieving my CTM. Without you this would not have been possible.

I am honoured to be your chair next meeting.
The theme I have chosen is "What is Happiness?"

"There are many people who we think should be happy but are not. There are many people who we think should be miserable but are not. Some people who seem to have nothing are very happy. Some people who seem to have everything are not. Yet some jet-setters seem happy while some moral crusaders have become miserable old grouches. Happiness seems very unpredictable, inconsistent, irrational." <www.DrKenner.com>

Let's investigate as much as we can, on Wednesday Night, the rational basis of happiness.

Most of the roles were filled out at the previous meeting, which causes me a great deal of happiness, as I don't need to work so hard at the beginning of the next meeting. There are 4 speakers scheduled (Frank, Heather, Agotha & Clive) and I expect an interesting table topics from Krish.

Please feel free to log on the on-line sign up sheet and fill out the remaining roles or sign up with a role for the next meeting.
http://www.sandyeast.com/servlet/Login?cid=628

Also, Danny is constantly adding new information and useful tips for public speaking on the Newsletter blog at: http://www.sheridanpark.blogspot.com/
Give him a feedback on that and make him a HAPPY man.

Let's have another great meeting with a lot of positive ideas that will make us all happy and fulfilled.

I have a special invitation to all those who were missing at the last meeting!
See you all Wednesday! Simona

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home